Saturday, June 9, 2012

Practice Session



15th July 2010 



Commonwealth games have created quite a fervor among Delhiites. For the past few months our Deer Park has been in for makeover for the better. Everyday we found some new activity happening; signboards erected advising various excercises, pathways made, flower- beds created along the road, etc. On our regular walks in the morning, some new additions did meet our eye, like a welcome surprise.



A little over two months ago, practice sessions were held at Dlt Khanna stadium. The entry was through the district park of mostly known as Deer Park. Police posted, banners for rules erected, screening of participants and so on…Lot of hustle and bustle so to say!!


 What to talk about the human beings, even the 


animal world got impacted by its fervor. As I was taking my usual rounds alongside the lake, to my surprise saw all the white ducks come out on the inclined bank and marched past the concrete path in neat rows of fours. I stood there at a safe distance in dumb silence watching this breathtaking scene. A neat marching past practice! Grappling with my camera as I got ready to take pictures, a man came rushing from the other side scaring the ducks to retreat. Before they got inside the water, I was just in time to click few pictures. I would like to share it with you. The sight is still so vivid and fresh in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment